Saturday, January 21, 2012

A textile installation

My oldest daughter has a design/finish business called XOXO.  She does a wide variety of things, and among them is the occasional design installation for weddings.  I'm showing this particular installation because a) it is created from textiles and b) she finished it here in my home studio before driving several states away to install it for an outdoor wedding.

and here they are, under construction....
the backyard garden was the best place to re-sort the panels as they were being constructed


8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! And what a fabulous place and backdrop for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fabulous! I am planning a couple of hanging panels for our wedding in the fall, but they will not be so large. I'm thinking more like 36 x 60. It's an inspiration to see Luren's. Looks like she has her mother's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is so fabulous! Love all the colors and shapes, pure genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOT TRUE MOM! You made ME what I am today!!! I love you so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, not super important but XOXO is just the plaster (www.plasterxoxo.tumblr.com) and i do the event/visual display stuff as myself/ Luren Jenison Custom Decoration. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stand corrected. I guess I didn't know that. What sort of mother am I?! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!